Two levels of programming:
Our Early Learner Program is focused heavily
on language acquisition. All instruction is
provided one to one for all of the child’s
learning time. We use errorless teaching,
positive reinforcement and natural
Our Advanced Learner Program serves
children who have completed 75% of the
ABLLS curriculum and communicate
readily through spoken or written language.
Advanced learners are instructed using Montessori academic materials using applied behavior analysis instructional techniques.
The focus of this program is on advanced
intraverbal (conversation) skills and
academics for the child who learns in a non-
All teaching is provided using applied
behavior analysis principles to teach Math, Spelling, Science, History, Reading of Literature, Writing and Logic,
and Visual Arts.
Kaleidoscope is a not-for-profit organization and does not discriminate on the basis of religion, age, gender, disability, national origin or marital status in its practices or programs.
Our learning environment:
- Motivates and engages children
- Uses the child’s own motivation and positive reinforcement to promote development
- Teaches new skills using an errorless learning format to maximize success and minimize failure
- Stimulates the child to initiate communication
We evaluate progress by performance of quarterly
Assessment of Basic Language and Learning Skills.
Above all, we believe that practicing skills in the home setting is essential for success. We fully support parents in this effort through frequent communication, and updates on their child’s progress.
Areas of targeted development:
- Receptive language (responding to language)
- Expressive language (spoken language)
- Spontaneous language use
- Cognitive and academic skills
- Social and play skills
- Self-help skills
- Gross and fine-motor skills